What are occasional invaders?
Many insects and other pests are quite dangerous to have around, and we spend our time focused on protecting our homes and businesses from them.
Then there are pests referred to as occasional invaders that seem to pop up on our properties without any warning, taking us by surprise!
Occasional invaders prefer to live outside but occasionally find their way indoors and are a huge annoyance. They usually invade in large numbers, hide in hard-to-reach areas, and are difficult to get rid of.
Examples of occasional invaders living throughout Northern California include:
- Pill bugs
Are occasional invaders dangerous?
Occasional invaders tend not to pose significant threats to people or our properties. However, having them finding a way in our homes should never be ignored. First and foremost, if occasional invaders are finding their way into your house, so can other more dangerous or destructive pests. Also, occasional invaders can cause a variety of problems, including:
- Damage to fabrics and upholstered furniture.
- Contamination of food sources.
- Contamination of surfaces with bacteria.
- Damage to gardens and indoor plants.
- Bites from some that cause itchy rashes on people and our pets.
Why do I have an occasional invaders problem?
Our yards often provide occasional invaders with a suitable habitat. When living outside, close to our homes, if occasional invaders experience a lack of food or hostile weather conditions, they will migrate indoors. Our homes provide them with temperature-controlled shelter and access to food and water. Simply put, occasional invaders are a problem on your property because it is offering them a safe, comfortable place to live.
Where are occasional invaders commonly found?
After moving into your house, it is typical for occasional invaders to retreat to dark, quiet areas. Because they hide so well, these pests are often inside a home for a while before anyone notices them. Some common places to regularly inspect for occasional invaders include:
- Cabinets and closets
- Basements and crawl spaces
- Wall voids
- Under or inside cardboard boxes
- Under piles of papers or other clutter
- Near pipes, sinks, and tubs
How do I get rid of occasional invaders?
Trust the Defender Termite & Pest Management professionals to work with you and rid your Northern California property of unwelcome occasional invaders. With our year-round pest control services, we can protect your property from becoming overrun by occasional invaders, no matter the season. Our safe pest control solutions and fast action solve our customer’s pest problems, giving their property and family protection from our area’s toughest pests!
Win the war on pests with the help of Defender Termite & Pest Management. For home and business owners looking for dependable and effective pest control services and exceptional customer service, look no further; we are here to help!
How can I prevent occasional invaders in the future?
Prevent future problems with occasional invaders in Sacramento using the following easy to accomplish prevention tips:
- Caulk cracks and other openings that lead into your house and give occasional invaders easy access inside.
- Replace weatherstripping around windows and doors that have become damaged.
- Remove logs, rocks, mulch, and landscaping ties from the outside of your home that provide damp soil where occasional invaders live.
- Store trash cans and recycling bins up off the ground.
- Cut back shrubs and bushes from your home’s exterior to help the ground stay drier and less attractive to occasional invaders.
- Keep kitchens, bathrooms, basements, or crawl spaces well-ventilated. Use dehumidifiers in damp areas of your home.